The Ceramics and the Numismatics sections are both on the mezzanine floor, next to the ticket office. The glass case in the first hall
contains artifacts and fragments (some of which have been restored) dating from the 14th and the 18th centuries. Most of them are originally
from the Fano area, but some are from the city of Urbania, formerly known as Casteldurante. These include medicinal jars and apothecary’s pots
which belonged to old chemist’s shops and to the old hospital. All are decorated with the typical “Pesarese rose” and were produced by Casari & Callegari in 1803 in Pesaro.
The china set produced in 1782 by Geminiano Cozzi’s Venetian factory for the Municipality of Fano is also exhibited here.
Next to the ceramics section is another hall, containing a collection of Roman coins (from the republican and from the imperial era) as well as Medieval and Modern coins from several Italian mints, such as the one that worked in Fano between 1414 and 1796. The collection also includes medals. Of particular interest is the beautiful series of “Malatesta medals” produced by Matteo de’ Pasti for Sigismondo Malatesti in 1446.